60s with a little bit of humidity, a taste of summer.
Date of Beatdown: 2019-04-01
Name-O-Rama: GrassPatch, Super Dave, Sitework, Colonel Sanders, Mudslide, Old Bay, Bob The Builder, Kentucky Tavern, Cavilier, Punch List, Face Plant, Rain Bird, Strap Lock, Namaste(FNG), Bluegrass(QIC)
Warm-Up-Gig: 1 minute warning given.
Quick discussion about what Q-101 is and why it is important.
a. Assign someone to be “Point Man” – to be in front
b. Assign someone to be “Sweeper” – to keep eyes on 6
DISCLAIMER – hit all points – WHY?
a. It does have legal significance
b. F3 has standards to uphold, and the Disclaimer is one of them
c. It helps set the tone of the workout from the very beginning
What to say:
1. I am not a professional
2. You are participating at your own risk, and you are assuming the risk of injury
3. You are responsible for your own well-being; you could get injured
4. You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here nor am I being paid to lead you
5. Know your limits and do the best you can
6. Modify exercises as needed. Everything we say is a suggestion. Stop exercising if needed at your own discretion.
7. By working out with us today, it is assumed that you have read the disclaimer and notice on the website and accept the risks associated with working out here today.
8. Does anyone have any questions or objections?
The Mission of F3 – To Plant, Grow, and Serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership.
25 SSHs-IC (Explained cadence and counting and why it is important)
15 Windmills IC
15 Hillbillies IC
15 Imperial Walkers IC
Discussion of 5 Components of every F3 Workout:
– Open to all men, regardless of fitness level – we will not leave a man behind, but we will not leave a man where we found him either
– Outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold
– Peer led, no training necessary
– End with COT
20 Merkins (On Qs Count) Discussed proper form, why its important and why cheating on form is only hurting you. Do it right, dont worry about the number, speed or whatever, just do them right.
The Thang That Surely Happened: 4 Corners Escalator (quick version) Demonstration of an OYO style workout.
Discussion on picking up the 6, when it is appropriate to do reps for someone and when it isn’t. Help them, encourage them and stay with them but don’t make them feel weak and incompetent. If they want to finish all of it by themselves, bravo, let them do and stay with them and do extra.
DORA 123 (quick version) Back pedal and then sprint roughly 30 yards
200 Big Boys
Discussed form of a squat. 98% of pax don’t do these right, its not just the new guys, I see pax that have been in F3 since day one that are still doing good mornings every time a squat is called. Good Mornings are a great exercise and really do great things for low back and hamstrings but virtually nothing for your glutes and quads which is what a squat is supposed to target. So here it is, feet shoulder width apart, toes pointed slightly out, initiate the movement at the hips not at the knees, sink down into a parallel or low position, explode up driving through your heels, if you at any point are on your toes you are doing it wrong. There are three different variations of squats for us in F3, coupon on our back (back squat), coupon in front (goblet/front squat), body weight squat. Each of these shifts your center of gravity and requires a different form, know them or ask one of the 2%ers that do it right.
Cut DORA short in order to get back to the AO, discussed wearing a watch and being on time. Be respectful of the pax and their other commitments.
Circle up for Mary
15 LBCs IC
25 Flutter Kicks IC
Mosey to AO
Circle of Trust: COT
Count o Rama
Name o Rama
Prayer Request Taken
Prayed and went on our ways
Announcements were done via twitter as we ran out of time.
Announcements: 1. shirt order
2. Q-101 at The Anvil on May 4th and The Riviera on May 7th
3. Q sheet has openings that need to be filled. Contact AOQs